- This promotion is operated and administered by Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (company number 00078439) with registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the Promoter).
- The Promoter has engaged Think Incorporated Limited (company number 04923692) with registered office at 25 Dunster Close, Kings Norton, Birmingham B30 3RY (Think) to develop and manage the Microsite, administer entries to this promotion, verify the eligibility of entrants, select, contact and publicise details of the winners and facilitate fulfilment of the Prizes in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion (Terms and Conditions). The personal data that you provide when entering this promotion will be processed by Think for these purposes only.
- If you win a Prize, Think will:
- make your name and county available, as a winner, to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and the Promoter's responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing. If you do not want your name made available, please contact Think using the contact details provided at paragraph 10 below;
- (if you win the Money Prize), share your personal data with the Promoter to arrange fulfilment of the Prize; and
- (if you win a Hobgoblet), share your personal data with the Promoter’s courier Staci UK (STACI) to arrange delivery of the Prize. Think will not share your personal data with the Promoter in this event.
- If you are not successful in winning a prize, Think will delete your personal data promptly after all Prizes have been awarded and distributed following the Wrap Up Draw (if applicable). If you are successful, then Think will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
- If you win the Money Prize, the Promoter will process your personal data only for the purposes of verifying your identity and fulfilling the Prize in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
- If you win a Hobgoblet, STACI will process your personal data only for the purposes of delivering the Prize to you. STACI will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
- The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the processing of your personal data. If you do not provide your personal data, Think cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you are successful in accordance with its obligations under the Terms and Conditions, nor will it be possible for a Prize to be awarded to you if you win.
- Your personal data will not be shared with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter, Think or STACI to administer the promotion and fulfil the Prizes, and third parties who request details of the winners of this promotion as described at paragraph 3(a) above.
- Your personal data may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its appointed third parties') processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country but the Promoter, Think or STACI (as appropriate) will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- Your personal data will be processed by the Promoter, Think and STACI in accordance with their respective privacy policies. Contact details for each party and links to their privacy policies are provided below:
- Entrants have various rights regarding their personal data which is processed in connection with this promotion:
To exercise any of these rights, please contact the Promoter, Think or STACI (as appropriate) using the contact details provided at paragraph 10 above. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you wish to be taken and enclose proof of your identity.
- a right to request a copy of that data;
- a right to require that their personal data is erased (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up the Prize);
- a right to amend your data; and
- the right to request that your data is ported (transferred) directly to you or another organisation.
- If you believe that your personal data is not being treated in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter (or Think acting on the Promoter’s behalf) may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize (as defined in these Terms and Conditions) may be withheld until the Promoter/Think is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- To enter this promotion, you will require internet access and an email address so you can be contacted should you win a prize. A UK bank account will also be required to claim the Money Prize (as defined below). No purchase is necessary to enter the promotion.
- To enter this promotion, you must:
- scan the QR code printed on the neck collars of promotional 500ml bottles of Hobgoblin Ruby, Hobgoblin Gold and Hobgoblin IPA available in participating stores and printed on promotional material (font attachments, drip mats and tent cards) available in participating on-trade licensed premises or visit www.hobgoblinbeer.co.uk/win (Microsite); and
- complete the online entry form on the Microsite by providing your full name and email address.
- Entrants may only enter this promotion via the Microsite. The promotion is limited to a maximum of one entry per person per day (every 24 hours).
- This promotion starts at 00:00 on 1st April 2023 (Launch Date) and ends at 23:59 on 30th September 2023 (Closing Date). All entries must be received by the Closing Date. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- There are two prize tiers available to be won from entries received during this promotion:
(each a Prize and together the Prizes).
- 1 x £5,000 to be paid to the winner by cheque (Money Prize) available to be won via a prize draw taking place after the Closing Date; and
- 2,000 x Hobgoblin-branded "Hobgoblet" pint glasses (Hobgoblets), approximately 10 available to be won instantly on each day of this promotion.
- There is one Money Prize totaling GBP £5,000 available to be won as part of this promotion.
- The Money Prize will be paid to the winner by cheque, which shall be provided to the winner within 28 days of the winner successfully claiming the Prize in accordance with paragraph 21 below. The Money Prize is strictly non-transferable.
- The winner is responsible for payment of tax (if any) on the Money Prize. The winner is encouraged to seek independent tax advice if unsure of their tax status and liability.
- 13. Only one Hobgoblet may be won per person throughout this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative glass or item of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- Winners of a Hobgoblet will be required to provide a full postal address in the UK to which their Prize will be delivered. Hobgoblets will be dispatched to winners via first class signed-for post by STACI within no more than 28 days following notification that the relevant winner has won a Hobgoblet.
- Hobgoblets are non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. Hobgoblets cannot be resold under any circumstances.
- 17. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner and in the general use and/or enjoyment of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Any further Prize details will be confirmed when the winners are contacted.
Winner Selection, Notification and Claiming
- All valid entries received during this promotion, whether or not an award of a Hobgoblet has occurred, will be entered into the draw for the Money Prize. For illustrative purposes, if an entrant has submitted five entries to this promotion, all five entries will be placed into the draw for the Money Prize.
- The winner of the Money Prize will be the first entry drawn at random from all valid entries by an independent computer process that produces verifiably random results on 2nd October 2023. The winner will be contacted by Promoter within seven days of the Closing Date using the details provided to enter this promotion.
- In order to claim the Money Prize, the winner must provide to the Promoter a copy of valid photo ID confirming that the winner is aged at least 18 years or older within 14 days of being contacted. Unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter in its sole discretion, the Money Prize will be paid to the winner by cheque, made out in the winner’s name as detailed on the winner’s photo ID.
- If the Money Prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up the Money Prize, is disqualified or does not claim the Money Prize as required by paragraph 21 above, the Money Prize will be forfeited and reallocated to a replacement winner, drawn at the same time, at the Promoter’s sole discretion. These Terms and Conditions will apply to any replacement winner.
- Hobgoblets will be assigned to 2,000 randomly pre-determined moments (hours, minutes, seconds) occurring throughout this promotion (Winning Moments). The first entrant to submit a valid entry on the Microsite on or after the occurrence of a Winning Moment will be awarded the Prize assigned to that Winning Moment.
- Approximately 10 Winning Moments will occur on each day of this promotion, starting from the Launch Date and ending on the Closing Date (inclusive).
- If, for any reason, no valid entry is received by the Promoter between one Winning Moment and the next, the Prize allocated to that Winning Moment will be rolled over to the next occurring Winning Moment. In this event, the first two entrants to submit a valid entry following the next occurring Winning Moment will each win a Prize (and so on until all “rolled over” prizes have been won). Any surplus of Hobgoblets remaining after the Closing Date will be allocated to a Wrap Up Prize Draw (see paragraphs 28 to 32 below).
- Winners will be notified immediately on screen that they have won a Hobgoblet upon completing the online form on the Microsite and will be automatically redirected to the “winner’s area” of the Microsite, where instructions will be provided on how to claim their Prize. Winners must comply with all instructions provided on the Microsite.
- If a Hobgoblet is declined, or a winner is disqualified or does not claim their Prize within 14 days of notification that they have won, that Prize will be forfeited and awarded during the Wrap Up Draw or re-entered into the main prize pool to be won again.
Wrap Up Draw
- 2,000 valid entries into this promotion must be received in order to fully exhaust the amount of Hobgoblets that are available to be won. The Promoter acknowledges that it may not receive enough eligible entries and / or that a Hobgoblet may not be claimed by a winner for various reasons. If after the Closing Date, there is a surplus of Hobgoblets for any or more of the following reasons:
the amount of surplus Hobgoblets will be reallocated to a wrap up draw taking place on 10th November 2023 (Wrap Up Draw).
- a Hobgoblet is not claimed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or
- a winner declines a Hobgoblet or delivery of a Hobgoblet is refused or cannot be completed using reasonable efforts; or
- a winner of a Hobgoblet is disqualified from this promotion; or
- the Promoter has not received enough eligible entries during this promotion
- All eligible entries which have not resulted in the award of a Prize (i.e. the Money Prize or a Hobgoblet) received between the Launch Date and Closing Date (inclusive) will be automatically entered into the Wrap Up Draw.
- The number of Wrap Up Draw winners will be equal to the amount of surplus Hobgoblets available. The winner of each surplus Hobgoblet available will be the first entry drawn at random from all valid entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after the Closing Date.
- Winner(s) of the Wrap Up Draw will be contacted by email within 14 days of the Wrap Up Draw taking place using the contact details provided to enter this promotion. The email will include a link to the "winner's area" of the Microsite, where instructions will be provided on how to claim the Prize. Hobgoblets won as part of the Wrap Up Draw will be subject to paragraphs 13 to 18 above.
- Any prizes awarded during the Wrap Up Draw that are not claimed will be forfeited and not reallocated.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified Prize.
- To obtain the surname and county of winners, please send a request to Think by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the Wrap Up Draw taking place.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend this promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted. The Promoter's decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this promotion, each entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted about them is true, current and complete.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston's Brewing Company Limited, Marston's House, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly.
Summary Terms and Conditions