This promotion is operated and administered on behalf of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (company number 00078439) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT (the Promoter) by Clarity PR (company number 08425943) with its registered office at 18 Morland Place, Birmingham, West Midlands, B31 2PF(Clarity).
If you enter into this promotion and win a Prize, your full name (personal data) will be shared with the Promoter and Clarity. If you win a Prize, your personal data will be shared with a third party only to deliver the Prize to you on behalf of the Promoter.
How Clarity will use your personal data:
- The personal data that you provide in connection with the promotion will be processed by Clarity in order to operate, administer and manage your participation in the promotion in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion below (Terms and Conditions).
- Winners have various rights with regard to the personal data which Clarity holds about them:
- a right to request a copy of that data;
- a right to require that Clarity erases your data (but note that this will mean that you cannot receive or take up the Prize);
- a right to rectify your data; and
- the right to receive your personal data or ask Clarity to transmit your data directly to you or another organisation.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to email@example.com. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want Clarity to take and enclosing sufficient information so that you can properly identified in order for such action to be taken.
- If you believe that Clarity is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
How the Promoter will use your personal data:
- If you win a Prize, then Promoter is required to make your name and county available, as the winner, on Promoter’s website (Website) and/or to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, and in line with Promoter’s responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing. If you do not want your name to be made available, please inform the Promoter using the contact details in paragraph 11.
- If you win a Prize described in the Terms and Conditions, then Promoter may ask you to sign a promotional release so that Promoter may use your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you (where applicable) in connection with the Prize in Promoter’s publicity concerning the promotion and its products, including on (or in) Promoter’s Website, social media pages, press releases and advertising.
- If you are successful in winning a Prize, Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact Promoter using the contact details set out at paragraph 11 below.
- Promoter will not disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than those who are engaged by Promoter to administer the competition and fulfil the Prizes.
- Your personal data may be sent to countries outside of the United Kingdom, European Union or European Economic Area where Promoter’s (or its third parties’) processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the Prize happens in another country but Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- The winner has various rights with regard to their personal data which Promoter holds about them:
- a right to request a copy of that data;
- a right to require that Promoter erases your data (but note that this will mean that you cannot receive or take up the Prize);
- a right to rectify your data; and
- the right to receive your personal data or ask us to transmit your data directly to you or another organisation.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
- If you believe that Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Prize: There are 6 prizes available to be won each consisting of 1 x Hobgoblin ‘Hobgoblet’ pint glass. 3 prizes to be won per social media platform (i.e., 3 prizes on Instagram and 3 prizes on Facebook).
Opening Date: 17:00 on 3rd October 2022.
Closing Date: 23:59 on 10th October 2022.
- This promotion is open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales aged 18 or over, except for employees/directors of the Promoter and Clarity, such employees/directors’ immediate families/households or anyone else professionally involved with this promotion.
- Clarity, on the Promoter’s behalf, reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Clarity may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld until Clarity is satisfied with the verification.
- This is an online promotion and internet access, an email account and Instagram or Facebook account which allows social media messages from third parties on such social media account is required to participate. There are three entry routes:
- To enter via Instagram, prospective entrants must before the Closing Date:
- follow the Hobgoblin Beer Instagram account (https://instagram.com/hobgoblinbeer);
- go to the promotional post on the Hobgoblin Beer Instagram account announcing the promotion posted on the Opening Date; and comment on the post with their favourite Hobgoblin beer.
- To enter via Facebook, prospective entrants must before the Closing Date:
- follow the Hobgoblin Beer Facebook account (https://facebook.com/hobgoblinbeer);
- go to the promotional post on the Hobgoblin Beer Facebook account announcing the promotion posted on the Opening Date; and comment on the post with their favourite Hobgoblin beer.
- There is no purchase necessary.
- Entrants may only enter the promotion via the entry routes in set out in paragraph 4. One entry per person per day per social media platform (i.e. Instagram, Facebook). Entries by any other means, including email, post or facsimile, will not be accepted. All entries must be received by the Promoter before the Closing Date. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof receipt.
- Entrants must not use a false name or email or provide any false information when entering the promotion. Entrants shall not share or disclose their login details or password to any third party. The Promoter may refuse, remove, or suspend entries at any time.
- Any entries which have been submitted using scripts, automated systems, collaborative practices or via a third party for commercial gain will be deemed invalid.
- Subject to paragraph 6 above, entrants may enter the promotion multiple times and for personal non-commercial use. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- Comments made on the promotional post(s) or any other posts related to this promotion, must not feature:
- or tag Instagram or Facebook contacts who are under the legal drinking age in that contact’s country of residence;
- images of anyone under the age of 25;
- third party brands or trade marks;
- rude or offensive words or connotations or abusive, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate language;
- the portrayal or suggestion of immoderate or irresponsible drinking;
- daring or antisocial behaviour;
- anything which may breach any legal or code requirement which the Promoter is required to comply with; or
- anything which may damage the Promoter’s reputation.
- Comments made by entrants in order to enter the promotion in accordance with paragraph 4 which, in the reasonable opinion and sole discretion of Clarity (acting on the Promoter’s behalf) are deemed to contravene paragraph 10 (or any other paragraph of these Terms and Conditions) will result in the entry to which they relate being ineligible for entry into this promotion and/or removal of the comment from the promotional post. Clarity (acting on the Promoter’s behalf) has sole discretion as to whether a comment contravenes paragraph 10 (or any other paragraph of these Terms and Conditions) and whether entrance to the promotion is accepted.
- Whilst entrants may enter multiple times and via any and / or all social media platforms (in accordance with paragraph 6 of these Terms and Conditions) this promotion is limited to one Prize per winner. This means that the same entrant cannot win a Prize on more than one social media platform, or more than one Prize on the same social media platform.
- The Prize is non-transferrable and no cash (or other) alternative will be offered.
- In order to claim a prize, winners must provide a valid address for delivery to the Promoter upon request. The prize will be dispatched to the winners by Royal Mail to the address provided to the Promoter within seven days of the Closing Date. At the request of the delivery service provider, the recipient must produce proof of age to confirm they are aged 18 or over before the prize will be delivered.
Selection of Prize Winner
- The winning entrants will be the first six entries drawn at random from all eligible entries (i.e., one random draw and three winners per social media platform) by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after the Closing Date and will be contacted by Clarity no later than 20 October 2022. If the same winner is randomly selected under more than one entry route, Clarity will repeat the random draw in respect of those entry routes to ensure that there is only Prize per winner.
- The winning entrants will be notified via direct message on the social media platform they entered the promotion from (i.e. Instagram or Facebook). Clarity will take all reasonable steps to contact the winning entrants to arrange for the delivery of the Prize by the Promoter, but if there is no response within 14 days, or the contact details are invalid or satisfactory proof of age is not provided to the delivery service provider on request, Clarity (on behalf of the Promoter) reserves the right to (randomly) re-allocate the Prize without liability to the first winner.
- To obtain the name and county of the winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Clarity, Clarity PR Ltd, 18 Morland Place, Birmingham, B31 2PF within three months of the Closing Date.
Social Media Platforms
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram and by participating in the promotion, and by entering this promotion each entrant agrees to completely release the relevant platform (or platforms(s)) from any claims or damages the entrant may suffer in connection with their participation in the promotion.
- You must not tag, re-post, forward or otherwise share Instagram or Facebook messages or posts relating to this promotion with any of your Instagram or Facebook contacts who are under the legal drinking age in the intended recipient’s country of residence.
- Winners agree to be fully responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and/or tax liabilities incurred in claiming and using the Prize. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss, injury, failures or delays resulting from entry into the promotion, a winner’s acceptance and/or use of the Prize, or from circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, strikes, disputes or the acts or defaults of any supplier of the Prize.
- The Promoter does not exclude liability for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter’s responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in connection with the promotion shall be limited to the value of the Prize won by the entrant.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants’ ability to participate in the promotion. The Promoter does not guarantee that Facebook or Instagram will be operational on any specific device or system or that it will be error free or available all the time.
- Each entrant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of the set Terms and Conditions, negligence or any other action which imposes an unreasonable burden on the Website and/or Facebook or Instagram including (but not limited to) the use of software robots.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Website or the Promoter’s Instagram or Facebook account may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Promoter’s partners. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the promotion or amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so. Please check these Terms and Conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting on the Website and/or Instagram.
- The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these Terms and Conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These Terms and Conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone.
- It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and directs all entrants to read bedrinkaware.co.uk for more information.