1. This promotion is operated and administered by Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (company number 00078439) with registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the Promoter) in associated with The Warwickshire County Cricket Club Limited (registered society number 27221R) with registered office at County Ground, Edgbaston Road, Birmingham B5 7QU (WCCC).
2. The Promoter has engaged Think Incorporated Limited (company number 04923692) with registered office at 25 Dunster Close, Kings Norton, Birmingham B30 3RY (Think) to develop and manage the Microsite, administer entries to this promotion, verify the eligibility of entrants, select, contact and publicise details of the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion (Terms and Conditions). The personal data that you provide when entering this promotion will be processed by Think for these purposes only.
3. If you win a Prize, Think will:
a. make your name and county available, as a winner, to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and the Promoter’s responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing. If you do not want your name made available, please contact Think using the contact details provided at paragraph 10 below, although please note that it may still be necessary for Think to share your details with the Advertising Standards Authority if requested to do so.
b. (if you win a ticket prize), share your personal data with WCCC to arrange fulfilment of the Prize; and
c. (if you win a Hobgoblet or case of Hobgoblin Gold), share your personal data with the Promoter, who will share your personal data with its courier Staci UK (STACI) to arrange delivery of the Prize.
4. If you are not successful in winning a prize, Think will delete your personal data promptly after all Prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are successful, then Think will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
5. If you win a ticket prize, WCCC will process your personal data only for the purposes of fulfilling that Prize in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. WCCC will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
6. If you win a Hobgoblet, the Promoter and STACI will process your personal data only for the purposes of delivering that Prize to you. Neither the Promoter or STACI will keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
7. The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the processing of your personal data. If you do not provide your personal data, Think cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you are successful in accordance with its obligations under the Terms and Conditions, nor will it be possible for a Prize to be awarded to you if you win.
8. Your personal data will not be shared with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter, Think, WCCC or STACI to administer the promotion and fulfil the Prizes, and third parties who request details of the winners of this promotion as described at paragraph 3(a) above.
9. Your personal data may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country but the Promoter, Think, WCCC or STACI (as appropriate) will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
10. Your personal data will be processed by the Promoter, Think, WCCC and STACI in accordance with their respective privacy policies. Contact details for each party and links to their privacy policies are provided below:
|Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited|
|The Warwickshire County Cricket Club Limitedemail@example.com||https://edgbaston.com/privacy-policy/|
1. Entrants have various rights regarding their personal data which is processed in connection with this promotion:
To exercise any of these rights, please contact the Promoter, Think, WCCC or STACI (as appropriate) using the contact details provided at paragraph 10 above. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you wish to be taken and enclose proof of your identity.
2. If you believe that your personal data is not being treated in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to the “Hobgoblin – Instant Chance To Win Prizes” promotion (the Promotion). You will be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions from the time you submit an entry for the Promotion.
The promoter is Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (company number 00078439) (the Promoter) with registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV1 4JT.
The Microsite (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) is developed and administered by Think.
The prizes available to be won in this Promotion are arranged, fulfilled and delivered by:
(a) WCCC in the case of the Cricket Tickets (as defined below); and
(b) the Promoter, via its courier STACI, in the case of Hobgoblets and cases of Hobgoblin Gold.
If there is a conflict in these Terms and Conditions with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Promotion, these conditions will take precedence.
2. The Promoter and its agencies reserve the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter (or Think acting on the Promoter’s behalf) may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize (as defined in these Terms and Conditions) may be withheld until the Promoter and Think are satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
3. To enter this Promotion, you will require internet access, a mobile phone with a camera (to utilise the QR code) and an email address so you can be contacted should you win a prize. Purchase necessary.
4. To enter this Promotion, you must:
5. Qualifying Products are available through Participating Pubs only and are subject to availability.
6. Entrants may only enter this Promotion via the Microsite. The Promotion is limited to a maximum of one (1) entry per Code and a further limit of one (1) entry per person per day, with a maximum cap of five (5) entries per person throughout the Promotion.
7. Participants who seek to enter multiple times using the same Code may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
8. This Promotion starts at 00:00 on 13 June 2023 (Launch Date) and ends at 23:59 on 3 July 2023 (Closing Date). All entries must be received by the Closing Date. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
9. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
10. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
11. The following prizes are available to be won from entries received during this Promotion:
a. 1 x pair of tickets to the England Men v Australia Ashes Test at Edgbaston Stadium on 16 June 2023;
b. 10 x pairs of tickets to Birmingham Bears match at Edgbaston Stadium on 23 June 2023;
c. 10 x pairs of tickets to Birmingham Bears match at Edgbaston Stadium on 2 July 2023
d. 20 x Hobgoblin-branded “Hobgoblet” pint glasses (Hobgoblets);
e. 10 x cases of Hobgoblin Gold (8 x 500ml), (each a Prize and together the Prizes).
12. Winners who win Cricket Tickets will receive an email to the email address provided in their entry which will include the e-tickets for the match. E-tickets will be emailed to the winners in advance of the relevant match. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect email details provided by the winner.
13. Winners of Cricket Tickets and their guest will not be entitled to any reimbursement of travel, accommodation or subsistence costs associated with attending the cricket matches. All such costs shall be the sole responsibility of the winners.
14. The use of Cricket Tickets and entry to all matches is subject to the terms and conditions referenced on the ticket and the conditions of entry applicable on the match date. Winners of Cricket Tickets and their guests are responsible for complying with those terms and conditions. The Promoter is not responsible if winners of Cricket Tickets and/or their guests are refused entry or are ejected from the stadium because they have not complied, or are suspected not to have complied, with the relevant conditions. Any issues in relation to entry and any complaints or claims relating to the winners of Cricket Tickets and their guests’ attendance at the match should be dealt with between the winners of Cricket Tickets and/or their guest and the relevant venue, save only where there is an issue with the tickets supplied to the winners of Cricket Tickets.
15. Winners who have won a Hobgoblet will be notified immediately on screen upon entering the Promotion on the Microsite. Winners will be automatically redirected to a page on the Microsite, where instructions will be provided on how to claim the Hobgoblet (e.g. by providing a full postal address in the UK (to which their Prize will be delivered)). Hobgoblets will be dispatched to winners via first class signed-for post by STACI within no more than 28 days following notification that the relevant winner has won a Hobgoblet.
16. Winners who have won a case of Hobgoblin Gold will be notified immediately on screen upon entering the Promotion on the Microsite. Winners will be automatically redirected to a page on the Microsite, where instructions will be provided on how to claim the case of Hobgoblin Gold (e.g. by providing a full postal address in the UK (to which their Prize will be delivered)). If requested by the Promoter, Winners must provide confirmation they are 18+ within seven (7) days of such a request in order to claim their Prize. Cases of Hobgoblin Gold will be dispatched to winners via first class signed-for post by STACI within no more than 28 days following notification that the relevant winner has won a Prize.
17. Prizes will be assigned to randomly pre-determined moments (days, hours, minutes, seconds) occurring throughout this Promotion (Winning Moments). The first entrant to submit a valid entry on the Microsite on or after the occurrence of a Winning Moment will be awarded the Prize assigned to that Winning Moment.
18. If two entries are received at the same time, the entry processed by the server first will be the winning entry.
19. If, for any reason, no valid entry is received by the Promoter between one Winning Moment and the next, the Prize allocated to that Winning Moment will be rolled over to the next occurring Winning Moment. In this event, the first two entrants to submit a valid entry following the next occurring Winning Moment will each win a Prize (and so on until all “rolled over” prizes have been won).
20. Winners will be notified instantly on screen and redemption instructions will either (a) be sent to their email address, if they have won the Cricket Tickets; or (b) be provided on the Microsite, if they have won a Hobgoblet or a case of Hobgoblin Gold. If a Prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner, a winner does not does not follow the instructions, the winner is not eligible for the Prize or has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and return their Prize to the prize pool, which may be won by another participant during the Promotion in the same way as for the original winner.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect email or delivery details provided by the entrants.
22. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner (and their guest, where applicable) in the general use and/or enjoyment of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner (and their guest, where applicable).
23. Any further Prize details will be confirmed when the winners are contacted.
24. There is no cash or other prize alternative to any of the Prizes, except in circumstances outside the Promoter’s control, where the Promoter has the discretion to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value.
25. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Winners must not seek to sell any Prize or advertise any Prize for sale, including on any digital platform or social media platform. Please note that the unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets may be in breach of the ticket terms and conditions. The Promoter, ticket seller and venue reserve any and all rights they may have to take action against persons seeking to sell or advertise any Prize for sale in breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or the ticket terms and conditions.
26. All non-winning participant will be notified immediately on screen that they have not won after entering.
27. Participants who enter this Promotion between 13th June and 2nd July 2023 but do not win a Prize will receive a discount code to use to purchase tickets to a Birmingham Bears match at Edgbaston taking place between 16th June and 2nd July 2023 at the following discounted prices:
Under 16s: £5
The discount code will be displayed on screen after entry. Please make a note of this discount code for use.
28. There is a maximum of one discount code per person throughout the Promotion. Discount codes expire on 2nd July 2023, cannot be combined with other offers and cannot be used for Blast Off fixtures.
29. The use of any tickets purchased using the discount code and entry to all matches is subject to the terms and conditions referenced on the ticket and the conditions of entry applicable on the match date. Participants and their guests are responsible for complying with those terms and conditions. The Promoter is not responsible if participants and/or their guests are refused entry or are ejected from the stadium because they have not complied, or are suspected not to have complied, with the relevant conditions. Any issues in relation to entry and any complaints or claims relating to the participants and their guests’ attendance at the match should be dealt with between the participants and/or their guest and the relevant venue, save only where there is an issue with the tickets purchased using the Promoter’s discount code.
30. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner (or their guest, where applicable) to take up the specified Prize.
31. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to the Promoter, and not to the Participating Pubs.
32. To obtain the surname and county of winners and the Prize won, please send a request to Think by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the Closing Date. Entrants can object to disclosure or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. The Promoter may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend this Promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the Promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
34. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any Codes, entries or winner notifications which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or to download any materials in connection with the Promotion.
35. The Promoter may disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the Promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the Promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this Promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
36. By entering this Promotion, each entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted about them is true, current and complete.
37. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
38. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
39. This Promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston’s House, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly.