This promotion is operated and administered on behalf of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (company number 00078439) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT (the Promoter) by Richmond & Towers PR (company number 5452146) with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 3 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2SW (the Agent).
1. The personal data that you provide in connection with this promotion will be used by the Agent for the purposes of administering the promotion, verifying eligibility of entrants and selecting and contacting the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion below (Terms and Conditions).
2. If you win a prize, the Agent will share your personal data with the Promoter who will:
b. process your personal data for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your prize.
3. The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the processing of your personal data. If you do not provide your personal data, your entry cannot be processed, you cannot be notified if you win a prize or be provided with a prize.
4. Neither the Agent or the Promoter will disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than third parties who request details of the winners of this promotion as described at paragraph 2(a) above, or third parties who are engaged to deliver the prizes.
5. Your personal data may need to be sent to countries outside of the UK in order to conduct aspects of the promotion (e.g. where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country). Where this occurs, the Agent and/or the Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
6. Your personal data will be deleted promptly after the prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are a winner, neither the Agent or the Promoter will keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact the Agent or the Promoter using the contact details set out at paragraph 8 below.
7. In accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, you are reminded that you may at any time exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment, including a right to require that your personal data is erased (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize), a right to amend your data and the right to ask to port (transfer) your data directly to another organisation.
9. If you believe that your personal data is not being treated in accordance with the law, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commission’s Officer (ICO) or other competent authority. You can find more details about the ICO at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the England and Wales, other than employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, its associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. The Promoter (via its Agent) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
3. There is a total of 21 prizes are available, with three prizes available to be won daily between 10:00 and 23:59, 25th October 2023 to 31st October 2023 (Promotional Period). The following prizes will be awarded to entries made on the following days:
25th October 2023 3 x 8x500ml cans of Hobgoblin Ruby
26th October 2023 3 x 8x440ml cans of Hobgoblin IPA
27th October 2023 3 x 8x500ml cans of Hobgoblin Ruby
28th October 2023 3 x boxed “Hobgoblet” pint glass
29th October 2023 3 x 8x500ml cans of Hobgoblin Ruby
30th October 2023 3 x boxed “Hobgoblet” pint glass
31st October 2023 3 x 8x500ml cans of Hobgoblin Ruby
4. No more than one prize may be won per person.
How to Enter
5. You will require internet access and an Instagram account set to public (to allow the Agent to view your entry and permit direct messages from the Agent) to enter the promotion. No purchase is necessary.
6. At 10:00 on 25th October 2023, a competition post will be released on the Hobgoblin Beer Instagram account (Competition Post). To enter the promotion you must, before 23:59 on any day of the Promotional Period:
a. follow the Hobgoblin Beer Instagram account (https://instagram.com/hobgoblinbeer); and
b. share the Competion Post as a story or post on your own Instagram account, tagging @hobgoblinbeer and including #HobgoblinHalloween.
7. Any instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the Terms and Conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
8. Entries are unlimited for the duration of the Promotional Period.
9. All entries for the promotion must be received before expiry of the Promotional Period. Entries received after the expiry of the Promotional Period will not be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the end of the Promotional Period for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
10. Entrants are not permitted to create multiple accounts for the purpose of the promotion. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
11. Comments or replies made on the Competition Post for the purposes of entering this promotion must not feature:
(a) or tag Instagram users who are under the legal drinking age in that user’s country of residence;
(b) images of anyone who is (or appears to be) under the age of 25;
(c) third party brands or trademarks;
(d) rude or offensive words or connotations or abusive or defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate language;
(e) the portrayal or suggestion of immoderate or irresponsible drinking;
(f) daring or anti-social behaviour;
(h) anything which may breach any legal or code requirement which the Promoter is required to comply with; or
(i) anything which may damage the Promoter’s reputation.
12. Comments or replies made by entrants in order to enter the promotion which, in the reasonable opinion of the Agent (acting on the Promoter’s behalf) are deemed to contravene paragraph 11 will not qualify for entry into this promotion. The Agent (acting on the Promoter’s behalf) has sole discretion as to whether a comment contravenes paragraph 11 and whether entry to the promotion is accepted.
13. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
Prize Draw and Fulfilment
14. The winners will be the first three entries drawn at random from all eligible entries received between 10:00 and 23:59 on each day of the Promotional Period by a computer process that produces verifiably random results.
15. The draw will take place promptly after expiry of the Promotional Period and winners will be notified they have won by the Agent not later than 1st November 2023 by direct message to the Instagram account from which the winning entry was received.
16. In order to claim a prize, winners must provide a valid address for delivery to the Agent upon request. Prizes will be dispatched to the winners by Royal Mail to the address provided within seven days of each winner claiming their prize. At the request of the delivery service provider, the recipient must produce proof of age to confirm they are aged 18 or over before the prize will be delivered.
17. The Agent will use all reasonable endeavours to contact the winners to notify them that they have won. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the prize and draw a replacement winner at its sole discretion in the event that:
a. a winner fails to claim the prize within 14 days of first being contacted by the Agent;
b. the contact details provided by the winning entrant are invalid;
c. delivery of the prize is declined or cannot be completed using reasonable efforts;
d. satisfactory proof of age is not provided to the delivery service provider upon request; or
e. the winner otherwise cannot take up the prize or their entry is disqualified under these terms and conditions.
The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up a prize.
18. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winners in the general use and/or enjoyment of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
20. All prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
22. To obtain the name and county of the winners, please write to email@example.com within three months of the end of the Promotional Period. Entrants can object to disclosure or request that disclosure is limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoter may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required.
23. If you wish to withdraw from this promotion, your request should be made in writing to hobgoblin@RTC.london.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram and by entering this promotion you hereby release Instagram from any liability in respect of this promotion.
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
27. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
28. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
29. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
30. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly. Bedrinkaware.co.uk.
Summary Terms and Conditions